Cmap #2- Kaitlin Cobleigh

epse-501-concept-map-kaitlin-second-draft

This entry was posted in CMap #2. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Cmap #2- Kaitlin Cobleigh

1. robyn evans says:

Hi Kaitlyn,

Great job! I enjoy the way you have your CMap laid out. Here are some suggestions:

– could you consolidate some of your categories to make your CMap a bit more streamlined? For instance, in the SRL section, under scaffolding or providing choices – could you combine the examples, and place them under strategies, or another heading?

– I like that you have included a definition (SEL) and then have connections arising from the definition. Could you consider doing something similar for other areas of your CMap? I guess I am thinking about the flow of ideas – is there a more linear way to lay your ideas out? I know that CMaps are all over the place, but thinking about how you move from one concept to the next within specific areas of the map.

– are the green sections in SRL green because they relate to Constructivism?

– in the diversity section you talk about teacher considerations stemming from gender – do they not apply to all areas of diversity? (culture, language, race, sexuality, etc.)

Well Done Kaitlyn!

2. Sharissa Desrochers says:

Hey, beautiful CMAP, I like the software you used (I hear it’s much easier than the software I used, maybe I’ll try it next time).

I see why only 1 person has commented so far….your CMAP is AWESOME. I love the colour coding and the coloured arrows, it really helps with clarity. My only real feedback would be to try to have more parallelism with each theory. For example, under self regulated learning and constructivism you have an “in the classroom” extension, however, under the other theories you do not make the same link. I think the addition of a link like this could be helpful.

Lastly, I do not see anything that links to social context of learning, which I feel links to quite a few of the theories( diversity, constructivism, and SRSR- which I don’t see included under SRL).

I hope you find these comments useful, GREAT cmap!!!

3. peter ritchie says:

Hey Kaitlin,

I really enjoyed reading through your CMap and you have a clear representation of the topics covered so far in class. I really like that the colours are clear so it easy to differentiate between the theories and theorists. I also like how you made a bubble labelled “theorists” because it clearly outlines who the key people are when learning about human development. I did notice that Bronfenbrenner was misspelled. I’m not sure if it is possible but having more bubbbles connecting what the theories “look” like in a classroom setting might be nice. I like that in your SRL section you had an arrow labelled “why is it important?”. I wonder if this is something that be applied to other areas of your CMap?

Overall a very thorough and detailed CMap!