Important Info / Office Hours / About Me

Office Hours: By appointment

E-mail: erin.mcginley@ubc.ca

News Update:

Please check the About-Me page for information regarding professional development and community building events 🙂

Join me at the Douglas College Pro-D on Friday October 25th! Here is the link:

http://www.douglas.bc.ca/__shared/assets/2013_QDPE_Brochure102754.pdf

I am enrolled in the following workshops:

Session #1: 8:30-10:00am: CRN 31346 – Group Warm-up Games

10:15-10:45am: Keynote

Session #2: 11:00-12:30pm: CRN 31366- Sport Education Model: Creating the Team Atmosphere within your HS Phys Ed. Class (Joanna Sheppard)

12:30-1:00pm: LUNCH!

Session #3: 1:00-2:30PM: CRN 31409- SPEEDMINTON!

Session #4: Debrief at the Library.

—————————————————————————————————-

“Education doesn’t need to be reformed- it needs to be transformed. The key is not to standardize education, but to personalize it, to build achievement on discovering the individual talents of each child, to put students in a environment where they learn and where they can naturally discover their true passions.” – Ken Robinson

I am a newly appointed Adjunct Teaching Professor at UBC. I was most recently the Athletic Director at Moscrop Secondary in the Burnaby School District where I taught: Junior PE, PE Leadership & Alternate Education. In April, I graduated from the UBC Masters of Educational Leadership & Administration program; Our Capstone focus: Supporting and Empowering Learners with Vulnerabilities. My passions lie in engaging all learners and creating and sustaining conditions for professional collaboration. I am a firm believer that when we open ourselves up to listen, share and collaborate best practices emerge.Â