Application Letter

272 Citiplace Drive
Ottawa, ON K2E 0A9

September 17, 2020

English 301 99A Technical Writing
University of British Columbia
2329 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Dear class of English 301 99A,

Please consider my application to be a member of your professional writing team for the duration of the semester. My academic achievements include a Pre-Health Science Certificate and a Dental Hygiene Advanced Diploma. I remained on the Dean’s Honours List throughout both programs. I am a registered dental hygienist and I am currently enrolled at UBC for a Bachelor of Dental Science. I believe that my strong work ethic and my writing skills would make me an excellent candidate for this position.

Through my academic and professional experiences, I have developed strengths in my writing that will be beneficial to this team. I am detail oriented, very organized and able to follow specific writing structures. In my professional life, I have created social media pages and brochures to help with advertising, produced extensive documents outlining policies and procedures necessary for dental offices (e.g., health and safety, infection prevention and control) and created logbooks for equipment maintenance. I have also demonstrated professionalism and respect when it comes to any online communication.

While I recognize my strengths, I understand that I still have room to improve. I am hoping that being a part of an encouraging and supportive writing team will allow me to better myself as a writer. I believe that the different perspectives within a group dynamic will help me to prevent overthinking and improve the speed at which I get my thoughts onto paper.

I aim for excellence in my work, I remain dedicated and focused until the work is complete and I stay organized the entire time. My learning philosophy is always be curious. Be curious enough to ask questions when uncertain about something. Be curious enough to pursue further understanding and dive into research. Be curious enough that you care about what you are learning.

Thank you for considering me to be a member of your professional writing team. If you feel that I would be a good fit or have any questions please contact me at munghame@student.ubc.ca. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Erin Mungham

301 Erin Mungham Application Letter