Terra KershawHi Terra. Thank you for agreeing to do this interview for our ES Connected Coffee Talk series. Would you please describe your role in Enrolment Services?

I am currently the Manager of Records and Scheduling for Enrolment Services on the Okanagan Campus.

I work with a team of five (I am going to call them the fantastic 5) and we look after term and sessional evaluations, records and registration, course, ad-hoc and final exam scheduling, graduation, degree navigator and SIS security for the Okanagan campus.

What does a typical day of work look like for you?

You know, it really depends on the time of year and where we are in the cycle.  Since returning from my vacation, I have been pretty focused on strategizing for the 2017W academic scheduling session and our next steps in process redesign.  I have also spent time with my team to ensure that we are all on the same page, everyone knows what they are working on and we are ready for Term 1.

How long have you been in Enrolment Services?

It has to be at least 10 years now since I joined ES and I guess this is my fourth position. I started as the graduation coordinator then I moved to course and exam scheduling and then the Coordinator, academic support.

And now you’re the manager. What do you like best about working here?

I like working with my team.  Between the 6 of us, our work is really quite varied and each day can be completely different than the day before.

Can you share something about yourself that we wouldn’t already know about you?

I have a hobby farm that we refer to as Fallen Branch Farms and my husband and I are nearly finished renovating our second home.  We have several hundred apple trees, a few peach, a few apricots and a couple of others. This past spring we planted 60 blueberry bushes, 150 strawberry plants, 50 raspberry canes, and 100 asparagus crown. I also have an acre of ground crops.  The plan for spring 2017 is to add another 200 asparagus crown and we are thinking about nut trees…the Canadian almond sounds good to me.

How do you like to spend your free time?

Well, when I am not here you will find me renovating something or working somewhere in the yard.

You recently returned from Palm Springs. Where are you planning to go on your next vacation?

Hahaha, that’s an easy one… Palm Springs. It’s my second home.

OK. Thank you for sharing with us Terra.