Posted on behalf of Manpreet Virdi, Student Records & Systems Management, Vancouver Campus

On January 18th, I had the honour of being invited to have dinner with Professor Santa Ono and his family at their beautiful residence – the Norman MacKenzie House. About 30 people attended the dinner, most of whom were students and staff. The evening commenced with Professor Santa Ono thanking everyone for their presence and their hard work. Before the dinner started, I had the opportunity to with him about what I do at Enrolment Services and how I got my job. The dinner itself was buffet style – I had the chicken with mash potatoes and salad, and a delicious mini cheesecake with fruit for desert.

Manpreet heading to Dinner with Professor Ono. 

During the dinner, we went around the different tables to introduce ourselves and share 3 fun facts about ourselves – Professor Santa Ono took a lot of pictures of this with his camera! After the dinner, we toured the Norman MacKenzie House and got to see the game room, where Professor Santa Ono played foosball with some of the students.

Overall, this was a truly exciting experience and I really enjoyed myself!