Submitted by Joel Kobylka, Enrolment Services Professional.
The UBC United Way campaign is well under way and we are very excited for our own (ES Vancouver) campaign to kick off next week. Come join us for our kick-off on Monday in the main concourse of Brock Hall from 12:30-1:30 for a paper airplane contest and a piece of pizza for $3/slice.
One great way to get involved in the campaign is to make a one time or ongoing payroll deduction pledge. You would have been sent an email on November 14th with the link to your personal eDonation website from which you can easily set up a donation. We just set one up and it took us all of 3 minutes to do so. Everyone who makes a donation before or during our campaign will be entered into a prize lottery to win some great stuff like an Apple TV, iPods, a 2 night stay at UBC-O, Canucks tickets, wine baskets and more! Last year only 34 people made a personal donation and only 16 have done so this year. The odds to win one of these great prizes is very good and all it takes is a few minutes to make a donation for any amount online and you will automatically be included in the draws each day next week. If you cannot find your personal link, please email the UBC United Way Coordinator, Shagufta, at email@example.com.
We will be coming around selling 50/50 tickets this Friday, November 22nd. Tickets will cost $5 for an arm’s length or $10 for a wing span. Last year’s draw raised $1800 with the winner walking away with just over $900!
Other great events that we will be selling tickets for include a Burger and Pint night on the 28th and a delicious home cooked Indian Lunch on the 26th. Let either Joel, Joanna or Debbie know if you’re interested in attending one of these events with us!
Here is the full schedule of events:
VPS United Way Kick-Off with Pizza and Paper Airplane Contest – Monday, November 25
• Time and Location: 12:30-1:30pm at Brock Hall Concourse
• Description: join your colleagues, challenge other divisions, have some fun. Design a paper airplane that you fly from the 2nd floor of Brock Hall. Five attempts to hit targets and accumulate points. Pizza will be available for $3 per slice.
Indian Lunch – Tuesday, November 26
• Time and Location: 11:30am-1:00pm at Totem Park Ballroom
• Description: purchase butter chicken and rice or chick peas and potatoes, samosas, cookie and drink for $10. Complimentary coffee and tea will also be provided. Please bring your own plate and mug if possible
• All Are Welcome. For additional information contact: Sumit Sidhu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
50/50 Ticket Draw – Monday, November 25 to Thursday, November 28 at 3pm
• Tickets are: one arm’s length for $5, wing span for $10
• Tickets go on sale November 25 with the winner announced on November 28 at 6pm.
• All Are Welcome. For additional information contact: a VPS departmental United Way Committee member
Burger & Pint Night – Thursday, November 28
• Location and Time: 4:00-7:00pm at The Point Grill Restaurant at Marine Drive Residence
• Description: tickets on sale for $15.00 with payment by cash or on-site with your meal card. Ticket includes admission, burger, fries, beer, and a televised NHL game, Vancouver vs Ottawa Senators (4:30pm start). Buy your ticket early because the event sells out.
• All Are Welcome. For additional information contact: a VPS departmental United Way Committee member.