Posted on behalf of Julia Shen
During this challenge time, we stay at home and spend more time with families. Here are two easy and fast recipes I like!
Air Fryer Salted Pork (https://youtu.be/slGdkVqo7gE)
- Pork belly without skin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Apply salt to the pork surfaces, then put into refrigerator for at least 5 hours. If you want it to be spicy, apply whatever spices you like.
2. Put the pork in the basket of the air fryer.
3. Air fry at 200°C or 390°F for 15 minutes. In the middle, you can pause and check, then continue.
4. Remove from basket to cool
5. Cut and serve while warm.
Chinese steamed egg (AKA Chinese steamed egg custard)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- White pepper
- Green onion
- Crack an egg in a bowl, add salt, a little bit of white pepper, and beat well.
- Add water up to 230ml for each egg. The more water you add, the softer the final product.
- Put cold water in a pot and start to steam the eggs
4. After water starts to boil, cook about 15 minutes or until solid. Open the lid several times in between to ensure final product surface is smooth. You can use a tooth pick to test if it’s cooked fully. If the tooth pick comes out clean, it’s cooked.
5. Add soy sauce and sesame oil, chopped green onion on the surface.
Serve while warm.