JasperWho: Kim Sicoli
Unit: Student Support & Advising
Position: Enrolment Services Professional
Since: March 2015

A little bit about Kim:

Where’d you grow up?

“I grew up just outside of Edmonton, Alberta in Sherwood Park. It was a community of about 70,000 people so I had a strong propensity to explore the world outside of me. I have also lived in Hawai ʻ i (fun fact-that funny little backwards apostrophe there is deliberate and called an “ʻokina”)—land of the amazing outdoors, dolphins and spam festivals.”

What do you like to do on weekends?

“A couple of years ago, my partner and I sold our car and bought mountain bikes. I have been enjoying mountain biking ever since and have been trying to get over my fear of steep downhills!  Along a similar theme, I enjoy hiking and being outdoors. You can find me going to a new or favourite restaurant on frequent occasion as I have a profound love for food (definitely a “live to eat” kind of person!).”

Where do you want to travel next?

“I would enjoy spending some time in South America in the near future as it is a continent I have never visited and has so much to offer. I have studied Spanish and always enjoy brushing up on the language, while enjoying new cultures and new foods.”