Okanagan First Peoples

Okanagan First Peoples is a site that discusses various aspects of present and historical life of the Syilx (Okanagan) Nation.  This nation ranges from the Nicola Valley in the west to the Okanagan Valley in the east and Washington State in the south.  This is an interesting cultural resource as it does include present artists and culture in this website.   It also serves as a resource for finding nation contacts and schools. There are also traditional stories, histories and interpretations of environment included in this site.  The site also includes ongoing projects and planning for the future.  This site is a useful local resource for those inside and outside of the Aboriginal community.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , on by .

About Jason McAllister

My name is Jason McAllister and I’m a teacher currently living in the interior of British Columbia. I am currently working on my Master’s of Educational Technology. I’m married and have a 4 month old son. I’m a huge sports fan and have coached middle/high school sports for the last 4 years. This blog was originally created as part of my work in the MET program but I hope to continue updating it throughout my work in this program.