Hello Team 522!

“Be open to adjustments.
There’s nothing about this current moment in history that allows for stubbornness.”

~ Unknown

My name is Jamie and I am an academic advisor in The UBC Sauder School of Business. I have been with Sauder for over 15 years and I have witnessed some dramatic changes in how we deliver our courses and services – especially in the last 6 months. This is my ninth course in the MET program. I am in MET because in 2013, I attended an international advising conference at Maastricht University in the Netherlands and I was deeply impressed with how my counterparts in Europe and the USA distributed and collected important information from students using technology. Since then I have made it my goal to advance Sauder’s student support services through education technology.

* The picture is of my girls and I finding creative ways to get along during the lock-down.

8 responses to “Hello Team 522!”

1. Erica Hargreave

Loving that goal of yours, Jamie, and might I add that your girls are adorable.

1. JamieTooze

Thank you Erica. They love that I am in the program because they are witnessing my growing advocacy for innovation in education… which usually means dad’s becoming more tablet friendly.

2. adrian wheeler

Hi Jamie,

Nice to see another UBC staff here! I’ve spend some time with the IT staff at Sauder looking at the technology enabled rooms there. Very cool stuff!

1. JamieTooze

Hi Adrian,
      Nice to meet you. One good thing I can say about the pandemic is that it has started the wheels of change in our faculty. We are investing in mobile studios and entire new communication hubs for all three tiers of faculty, students and staff. These are exciting times and I am glad (at least I hope) I am on the front face of this “wave” of change. I am especially looking forward to working with you an others in higher ed.

3. Rachel

Hi Jamie,

Good to see you in another course! Maybe this time we will get to work together and develop tools for students advising. : )

4. skye ferguson

Hello Jamie,

I love that you have a passion for technology and a growth mindset. I cant wait to hear about all the great things you are doing with UBC Sauder School of Business.

5. Grant MacLeod

Hi Jamie,

Nice to meet you and love your quote. Looking forward to working with you this semester.

Have a nice weekend,

Grant

6. tara davis

Hi Jaimie,
    It is fantastic that you have a goal to advance Sauder’s student support services through education technology.

This is my first course in MET and I’m keen to learn about what courses you’ve appreciated. Out of the 8 courses you’ve taken in the MET program, which were the most valuable to your learning?

BTW- I’m really trying to create a multi-disciplinary team for an app I hope to develop. If you know of any business students interested in joining a team, let me know, and I can tell you more about the app.