Introduction: let’s start the journey

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year ! Hope you all keeping well and had a nice break over the holiday season.

My name is Saeid and this is my fourth MET course. My professional experience ranges from ten years in the Oil & Gas industry as well as a couple years in the non-profit sector; in roles such Training Supervisor, Compliance Lead, and Analytics Specialist/Analyst.

I’m currently the Training Supervisor for a midstream Pipeline company and the main focus of the role is designing and delivering training courses for the Project personnel through Learning Management Systems.

My educational background has mostly been in Business Administration, Project Management, and Training. I finished an undergraduate degree in Business and have also completed an MBA with a major in Project Management a few years ago.

The main reason for taking ETEC522 was to gain an understanding of how and where education professionals see the biggest venture opportunities in this field. This ties nicely to my business background and I feel like there is great deal that I can learn from your posts, discussions, replies, and dialogues.  

Over the years, I have facilitated training sessions and delivered corporate courses to different personnel levels; from the individual level to the very senior leadership level. My goal and next step would be to teach remotely at colleges/universities and believe that this MET program can certainly provide me with the foundation, tools, and resources to move towards that goal.

I look forward to working with you, and learning from you folks

Regards,

Saeid

6 responses to “Introduction: let’s start the journey”

1. cindy keung

Happy new year, Saeid! I’m so intrigued by your business background and wonder about the many intersections/overlaps it creates with education; training certainly being one of them. 🙂

1. hasssae1

Hi Cindy,
      Happy new year to you too! Thank you for the interesting question
      There certainly are several areas where business and education interconnect, in my case, corporate training being one of them. In my humble opinion, several profitable industries face education issues, and that’s where the opportunity lies for business-education initiatives. Industries cannot continue to be profitable unless schools continue to graduate a stream of well-educated and motivated students. On the other hand, business community should continue to invest and try to positively influence, shape, and support the school restructuring as well as the overarching education policies. Therefore, this could definitely be a win-win situation, and all evidence points to continued involvement by the business community in helping to shape education policy.

2. Aaron Chan

Nice to meet you, Saeid. Looking forward to this journey as well.

1. hasssae1

Likewise…thank you Aaron.

3. Anna Ayoung-Stoute

Hi Saeid

Nice that we are in the same class. Last semester your posts and assignments were interesting so looking forward to your contributions again.

1. hasssae1

Same here Anna, good to see you in this class. Likewise, your discussions, individual as well as your team OER (learning in crisis) was one of the best ones that I read last year. Look forward to learning from you again this term.