Its a start

Hi fellow classmates and Happy New Year!

My name is Marie and I am a teacher in the Kamloops, BC school district.  I am currently teaching in high school but my previous experience is at the elementary level. This is my first step into the MET program and I am looking forward to the challenge and also a bit nervous at the juggling between work, family and school.

I have been a teacher on and off since 2008, with a pause to start a family. Within the pause, I started a separate career as a mortgage broker, but, with the ever changing challenge of the housing market, rules and guidelines, I decided to focus on back on education and have been a full-time teacher for the past 6 years.

As everyone has experienced the need to think fast and pivot during this pandemic, I believed that extending my education in technology would be the most valuable path to take to improve my role as a teacher.

2 responses to “Its a start”

1. cindy keung

Hello Marie! You’ve set a great goal here, in pursuing educational technology!

2. Marie-Eve Masse

Hi Marie, Welcome to the MET program! One thing to keep in mind is that this course is set up very differently than the others. Out of the 7 other courses I’ve taken, they’ve all been set up in the Canvas LMS, and the Summer Institute I took was in Slack. I highly recommend that you take ETEC 500 before any of the other courses moving forward as it will set up a good foundation for using Canvas, referencing, etc (something that I was very rusty on when I started in 2020…). Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions on juggling everything.