10 responses to “A3: AI=You”

1. Nathan Bishop

FEEDBACK I like this idea, however, I wasn’t 100% sure of the main idea behind this. Is it meant to be kind of like an advanced A.I. personal assistant that helps with both day-to-day items but also with learning? If so, that is pretty cool! I think people are getting quite used to using personal assistant (i.e. Alexa, Siri, Google), however, I think they are very limited. If you could build off of them, I think you would really be onto something. When you were talking about the market size and you took your 12%, I think you might be able to expand that even wider. That part covers education, but I think there is some market size for self-help, organization, etc. that this could fall into as well. You may end up being able to take something like 25% of that $438.2 billion and have yourself a market size of almost $110 billion!

2. Marie-Eve Masse

FEEDBACK: Interesting idea, Wynn! Your written information is organized in an interesting way in Genially. I especially like your idea of using ‘rooms’ to present the information. On a personal level, the most closely I can relate to this is the Google Nest I received for free. I have to be honest, I don’t even use it! I don’t like technology being present everywhere in my life. I appreciate it when I use it but also don’t want to always be connected. From an investor perspective, I would need more bite-sized direct information to understand exactly what your business is before investing. I can see it is very well researched but I am missing that to-the-point info on the proposed product to reference easily. Thanks!

3. hasssae1

Feedback: Hi Wynn, thank you for this OER. The presentation and delivery are quite strong, and certainly a bonus to any investor looking at your pitch. In Room # 5, you discussed the “internal risks”, however I was not able to see any sort of external risk being evaluated. How significant is the threat of external competitors? Considering that AI=You learns from the user and will become the tool that fits our lives, is there any data collection concerns? Are there network security issues? Covering these sorts of external threats would provide the extra assurance that any investor is looking for.

4. JacksonLiang

REVIEW: Hi Wynn. I am really intrigued by your idea, especially with AI learning from you and helping you back. As a chatbot, I wonder if you are aiming to make more of a teacher figure to help users or if this will be like a smart personal assistant to help someone consider ideas. I like the cost of operations slide which is cognizant of the jobs and foundations you would need to be successful. I had some trouble listening to your video even at high volume on my computer but I generally have a quiet one. I hope I didn’t miss anything from the pitch. I would love to invest in a venture that is ambitious like this, but would love to see some practical use or everyday use cases for your idea to see it in action first. The methodology provides some ideas but seems a bit large for me to put into bite-sized cases. Is there a current investment ask to start this initiative or would it be saved for after proof of concept? Thanks for sharing!

5. mstr

FEEDBACK: Hi Wynn, you’ve got a really neat idea here! I like the concept of personalizing the technology to each particular user. I think providing some examples of how the technology would be applied could help sell this venture. i.e. What would ‘the average’ person use the technology for, and how does this differ from other personal assistance like Alexa etc.? Well done on your presentation in Genially it’s different, but really interesting going through the rooms. Thanks!

6. Hayley Mooney

REVIEW: Hi Wynn, your idea certainly made me curious enough to want to dig deeper into your presentation. What I’m picturing here is a Siri or Google assistant who is focused on making you a better/smarter person? I like the idea of a chatbot who knows how you work and therefore provides answers that are tailored in such a way that you get a deeper learning experience. As an investment, I would definitely like to know more: what exactly would this look like, what sort of interactions would it provide? Is this something that people would just carry around as an app on their phone, or is it part of a learning system at schools? Perhaps it’s a wearable technology? I may have missed who your target audience was. I’d also be interested to find out what people would get with the free version vs the premium one, and how data privacy would come into play. I decided to review your venture because it is definitely something that struck me as innovative and interesting, and holds potential. I’d like to know more before putting money down, but you’ve got my attention!

7. mHHm HmmH

Feedback: Hi Wynn, very intriguing venture concept! I really like the way you presented the information using genial.ly. That being said, I was initially confused about how the AI bot will capture data from me. Does it have voice recognition like Google/Siri? or does it follow my internet browsing behaviour kinda like what tiktok does? It would be interesting to see how this can be used by the average user. This could be done, perhaps, by creating some personas and then finding out how they may benefit from using the technology. This could be used by looking at existing stats / asking people that’s close to your target market. Amazing venture pitch! Thank you for sharing!

8. Kyle

[FEEDBACK] A very interesting idea to personalize data collection. With the right security enhancement, perhaps the incorporation of Block chain, I think you could easily levy any of those concerns. How did you come to your overhead costs figure, is there industry standard costs you’ve assumed? As an Investor I would want to know that a) you know these standards and fall within them, or b) are aware of any additional costs to your unique plan and can account for them. Perhaps I make a poor VC as at the end of this, I wonder what metrics are used to show the impact this product will have on actual learning?

9. Marie Finch

Feedback: I think the use of Genially allowed for creative interactive elements. It highlighted essential categories and along with the video gave us a look at what your venture will look like. Beyond the numbers and market share that you express, perhaps you could include some cost benefits to the inclusion of AI=You. Why would people want to include this in their lives? Is there a personal value to this product that would increase users? What would that be?

10. trevor laughlin

While the idea of a personalized AI chatbot seems rather interesting, I am still trying to find the value in this.

How does this add value to a user? Is it a language learning tool? An AI digital assistant? Is it a digital companion in a society where people are feeling more isolated? You use a lot of Buzz words in your pitch process, but I’m not seeing the substantive value. Does this program run off of a laptop? A desktop? A smart phone? What kind of processing power does the AIneed? Ideas like a $50 a month subscription sounds prohibitive. A lot of people will not pay more than $10 a month for a subscription for anything and I still don’t know what your product is trying to give me.

I’m sorry, but if I was an investor and I heard this pitch oh, I still would not know what your product is and I would not be interested in investing. These are the points that I think are worthy of discussion.

Pain Point & Solution: As you have not identified what the product is clearly, I have no idea what Market is trying to fit into or what need is trying to fulfill.
    Differentiation & Competition: As I am not sure what the product or service is, I don’t know how it is differentiated from any other service out there. I have heard that there was an AI companion available on the Google store called Replika (https://replika.com/)
    The Ask: I can’t really speak to the monetary part of your venture, but I think the ask from initial customers of $10 to $50 a month is prohibitive.