Hello there!

Hello everyone! My name is Michelle and nice to meet everyone here! Took me some time to figure out my way here and sorry for being late to the course and to the introduction. I am originally from Hong Kong but growing up in Vancouver since high school. This course marks the halfway point of my MET journey and I am excited to start something new about being innovative and creative in what I am learning now. I am currently working as an Academic Administrator in an online theological school. Online learning has changed a lot of my way of learning in my last two years of undergraduate years (both good and bad ways). I am very excited to learn more about how far we could get with it.

This course is one of the most intimidating courses in MET as this topic sounds huge and enormously broad. Yet I am looking forward to experiencing the role of being an innovator in this field and integrating my working experience in a relatively small college (somehow functioning as a start-up company) into this course. I hope I can take away many new findings from this course and better equip myself in bringing a change to my surroundings, both in my learning and teaching environment.

Can’t wait to have a great semester with you all.

PS: When I am not working or studying, I enjoy cuddling with my pup, Maru while binge-watching Netflix. Here’s a pic of me and my dog Maru enjoying her pup ice cream.

3 responses to “Hello there!”

1. Petros Katsigiannis

Hello Michelle,

I do agree with you that the topic of learning technologies sounds enormously broad because of how much technology keeps evolving! I felt overwhelmed when I first started in the Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology because there was so much for me to catch up on and learn! But I do find learning and implementing technology in my classroom has been very beneficial for me as a teacher and for my students’ overall learning experience and academic success. I also look forward to applying what I learn in this course in my classroom and in other ventures.

2. SafaaAbuSaa

Hi Michelle,

Nice meeting you, and like you I am also halfway through my MET journey.
    I hope this course and the MET program help you to achieve your goals.
    May the rest of your journey be so fulfilling and meaningful!

3. Jocelyn

Hi Michelle,
    Intimidating is a fitting word to describe how I feel towards the content of this course too but am comforted to know that there are others that feel the same way! We’re not all experts in business ventures but can each bring something to the ‘table’/ blog. It’s such a great experience for you to be part of a start up/ small college, sounds like you must have learned a lot in the process.