Hello from Megan

Hi ETEC 522, I’m Menghan, you can also call me Megan:-)
This class is my 3rd course in UBC after I finished ETEC 510 and ETEC 500 last semester. I am glad to see many familiar names and meet new friends. I look forward to exploring the new things brought by this class with you.
I am an online math teacher, and my main students are Chinese students in grades 5-7. In addition to being a teacher, I also do business that is entirely irrelevant with education, such as international trade in seafood. I enjoy improving existing skills and learning new fields. I like the education industry and devote myself to improve the teaching ability and skills. At the same time, I hope to learn how to analyze and discover opportunities and ventures in the education field. I am looking forward to improving with you in the next few months.

6 responses to “Hello from Megan”

1. tiffany ku

Hi Megan, welcome!
    It’s amazing how much experience you have in totally different fields. When you mentioned your business job, it reminded me of a documentary I recently watched on Netflix called Seaspiracy. Have you seen the documentary? If so what are your thoughts on it? After watching it I did some research on the accuracy of facts, to which I found that the numbers and the information were not always accurate but I appreciated the story telling and the risks he took to make the docu-film.

1. Menghan Guo

Hi Tiffany, Nice to meet you. I’m sorry I haven’t watched this documentary yet, but I would like to watch it in my spare time. Thanks for the recommendation!

2. Philip Ihewuokwu

Hi Megan,

Nice to meet you. I am always glad to hear about about people who run a side business outside their fulltime jobs. I call it a “side hustle”, as I also have one too. I think it takes a lot of hard work to joggle between working fulltime and running a side hustle.

I am hoping we will both find this course useful in our endeavours. Good luck to you in ETEC522.

Cheers,

Philip.

1. Menghan Guo

Hi Philip,
      Nice to meet you! I hope that through this semester’s study, we will get the correct way to analyze learning technologies and have the opportunity to develop educational business in the future. Good Luck!

3. Joyce Lo

Hi Megan,

When you mentioned that you are an online math teacher and your main students are Chinese students, I started to wonder why? Anyway, I hope to have a business of my own as well in the future and that is why I am in this course. I look forward to learning with you.

1. Menghan Guo

Hi Joyce, nice to meet you! Because my boyfriend and I decided to start a business together, it is difficult for us to stay in a fixed place for a long time. Teaching is a fascinating profession; for me, it is difficult to give up teaching. In addition, based on some family reasons, remote online education is more suitable for my current situation.