Cari Wilson’s Venture Pitch (sort of!)

Hi everyone!

I chose to enter the UBC Global Minds Challenge, rather than creating a venture pitch. I have, however, created a short “elevator pitch” to share with all of you, so you know what I’ve done!

Cari’s Elevator Pitch

1 Annette Smith { 11.25.09 at 7:15 am }

Both the elevator pitch and the wiki look great. I will be looking at wikispaces for my next project.

2 jennie wong { 11.25.09 at 8:23 am }

Cari,

Nice job – I love the idea of having your presentation in different languages. I hope to take this to the English department for viewing.

3 Cindy Leach { 11.25.09 at 8:53 am }

Well done Cari, what a great project. I agree with Jennie that the advent of the different languages is a nice touch and very fitting for the diversity of the Olympics.

4 Erica T { 11.25.09 at 1:52 pm }

Looks great, Cari. What a great project for your class to do. I also love the idea of the multilingual podcasts. Nicely done!

5 Cari Wilson { 11.25.09 at 5:17 pm }

Annette, Jennie, Cindy and Erica,

I’m glad you all liked the wiki! We had a lot of fun building it and I’m looking forward to seeing how this year’s Grade 7s add to it as the Olympics are actually happening!

Cari

6 Erik Van Dusen { 11.26.09 at 11:16 am }

Cari,

This is a fantastic learning design! Excellent use of collaborative software and the podcasts in different languages are incredible. Great idea. Hope you don’t mind me lurking closer and perhaps using your ideas. I teach a class with students from diverse backgrounds. I can’t believe I’ve never given them the chance to use their first language.

Again, awesome work and good luck in the challenge!

Erik

7 Cari Wilson { 11.26.09 at 8:27 pm }

Hi Erik – lurk away! The whole first language thing was like a light bulb going off over my head when it came up! A real AHA moment! The kids who did the translating and speaking were so proud of themselves and we even got a few of their parents involved, which was cool!

Cari

8 Eveline Yu { 11.27.09 at 6:25 pm }

Cari,

This is a great website and also a great way for students from different language background to shine! I think I will look into wikispaces for my next project with my students. Great work and good luck with the challenge!

Eveline

9 Barrie Carter { 11.27.09 at 9:34 pm }

Hello Cari:

I enjoyed viewing your elevator pitch. You and your students included a lot of great features — digital images, video, and great content.

You and your students must be proud and pleased about the final product. After all, the site is fantastic.

Cheers,