evernote in under 200 words…

In a classic Simpson’s episode, the town is convinced to buy a monorail by a slick salesman. What distinguishes a good salesperson from a good pitch is a message that is not only persuasive, but is competitive and marketable. This company – Evernote – smartly offers a free basic service (that can be upgraded), employing the foot-in-the-door marketing strategy. After watching a quick company  overview  I had a better idea of the product, but for a product in this competitive market, I would want to know in the pitch what they have that others don’t (competitive advantage). The CEO is confident, giving a quick overview of the benefits and selling features. The product is definitely marketable; a tool that manages all of your information is welcomed in today’s hectic world. The fact that there is a high rate of compatibility across devices and browsers is a selling point. For a product that is supposed to clarify information, I would expect the audio and video quality to be higher. The CEO is wearing a t-shirt/blazer combination and refers to notes at several points, which are distracting, but not a confidence killer. Overall a great idea, and an OK pitch.

Posted in: Week 03: Analyst Bootcamp