Edufire and Evernote

I recognize both pitches to be the elevator pitch. Clear, concise and to the point.The presenter in the edufire pitch appeared pleasant but a little too laid back to grab my attention or stimulate much interest at the offset. But after listening to him a couple times I was able to identify the problem he was addressing and details on how the product would seek to address the issue. While no definite monetary value was placed on the product he took some time to point out that it would be a win win situation as their cut would come from the return on investment received by the customer. Unfortunately with elevator pitches you don’t have the luxury of replaying the pitch so I would have missed out on this investment opportunity.

Evernote presenter’s tone and confidence maybe what would have sold the product.The difference with this pitch was that he started out with the product then moving on to explain what need it would be addressing. I tend to prefer the pain point coming first. Its like the clairvoyant moment of “yes, how did you know?” and a “you can help, really?..tell me more” The idea of presenting the cost toward the end of the pitch in an off handed manner summed up the pitch to be that on just another sales gimmick. I was not challenged to find out how it really worked. Maybe mentioning a quick word about how this differs from other products may have been helpful.

Posted in: Week 03: Analyst Bootcamp