General

Hello from Delta

This semester I am adjusting to a lot of new changes. For one, I just moved from Burnaby to Delta and am enjoying my new home. I have also taken a break from teaching full time and am currently on maternity leave expecting to give birth to my first child in October. Finally, I am enrolled in my fifth course for the MET program. Hopefully, I can juggle a new born and a new course at the same time. Before my leave, I was teaching full-time Math and Science at a secondary public school for the Surrey School Board.

I am excited to learn about all the new emerging learning technology that I have started reading about in this course. It would be interesting to see how the different technologies can be implemented in a high school setting as a lot of the articles focused on post secondary education. I am hoping the exposure that I get from this course as well as previous MET courses would allow me to integrate sound pedagogical theory with technology into my teaching methods  and make me a better twenty first century educator.

The one image I would like to share is the Piscasso Head Self Portrait that I had to complete as an introductory activity for another MET course. I had a lot of fun creating it and I feel that it is reflective of the flexibility technology offers a learning environment to merge multiple skills in an academic setting and a unique way to perform a task like introducing oneself. If anyone else wants to give it a try, it is available at http://www.picassohead.com/

Stephanie

Standard