General

Review: Educause: Seven Things

Out of all of the components of the emerging markets projection library, I was the most impressed by the “7 things your should know about…” series on the Educause website. Not only does this site provide essential information to anyone interested in the latest trends and forms of technology, but it does so using a simple script.

The site is based around asking 7 simple questions surrounding emerging learning technologies. These questions are:

7 Things You should Know About…

1. What is it?
  2. How does it work?
  3. Who’s doing it?
  4. Why is it significant?
  5. What are the downsides?
  6. Where is it going?
  7. What are the implications for higher education?

At first glance these questions almost feel too simplistic, but after reading a few of their reviews, it is quite evident that they touch on the most important elements of emerging trends. Of all the articles I read I quite enjoyed those that presented on Makerspaces and Infographic creation tools.

This online tool is perfect for the broader community because of the wealth of information regarding many different topics, but is also essential to specialists and venturers in educational technology as it also discusses the future (Where is it going?).

This tool is now a permanent link on my own bookmarks bar and will be a tool that I use for many years to come as it will allow me to better understand current and future bearings in the field of educational technologies.

Standard