Authors

Hi!

Hi everyone!

My name is Laura and this is my final semester in the MET Program. I am currently working for an online public school in beautiful Victoria, BC. I feel very fortunate to work in an environment that supports flexible learning.

Before I entered the teaching profession I spent a number of years working in the field of environmental science. I loved the technical nature of the work and had the pleasure of working on a variety of projects from sewage recycling to bird and agricultural research. I am interested in exploring how I can combine my passion for technical projects with education in the future. Although my entrepreneurial experience is very limited I am very much looking forward to exploring opportunities throughout this course. I saved this course until the end, like dessert, as I think it will be something to savour.

In my spare time I enjoy all things outdoors – skiing, running, kayaking, gardening, tennis and sitting at the beach reading a good book (or having a nap!).

I look forward to working with you and getting to know you better this semester.

Best wishes,

Laura

kayakbeach2 tentclarke

These photos are from one of my favourite places – Clarke Island in the Broken Group – a great place to have a nap on the beach.

Standard