Authors

Dogs, Dancing and Chrome books, Oh My!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Colleen and I am taking ETEC 590 concurrently with ETEC 522, my final two MET course. I teach grade 6/7 at a small Catholic Independent school in Prince George, B.C. where I have been for the last 7 years now.  I taught Montessori Early years in both Korea and Turkey before returning to Canada.  I am a newlywed!  I just got married this New Year’s Eve.  I am now a step-mom to two kids, a 13 year old girl and a 10 year old boy.

I had the great opportunity to attend the Google Summit in Edmonton in March and am working with the tech team for my board to improve technology in our schools.  We are looking at the possibilities of using Chrome books in the classrooms. If any of you have any input or experience you could share that would be most appreciated.

I must admit that I am nervous for this Ventures course as I don’t have an idea coming it to it but I am so excited for this last semester and working together.

I have two dogs.  A two year old black Lab named Kyrie and I just (last Friday!) adopted a 10 month old Border Collie named Renny from the SPCA.  I do dog agility in my spare time and am looking forward to getting back to my ballroom dancing club when my MET journey is over.

Me and my hubby

Me and my hubby

Standard