Authors

Greetings from Nova Scotia!!!

Hello everyone,

My name is Chad Tobin and I am currently a Guidance Counsellor in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. I started my education career-teaching grade 1 on a small Caribbean Island called Saba. Teaching down south was an amazing experience and I spent 3 wonderful years there working, travelling, and just soaking up the sun. My next teaching adventure led me to teach English in a Masai Mara village in Africa. Living in different parts of the world and experiencing different cultural perspectives had a huge impact on my outlook and desire to understand the world from diverse viewpoints.

Upon returning to Canada I decided to take a Master’s in Educational Counselling. I have been working in my school board for the last 7 years doing nothing but 100% Guidance. My circuit includes both a Jr. High School and an Elementary School.

This is my third semester and 8th course so far in the program and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning from the cohort. So a big hello to everyone here! One of the key reasons I am taking this program is to learn ways to increase digital citizenship with in the students I serve, as technology is such a huge part of their lives.

One of the main reasons why I am taking ETEC 522 is because I discovered that I have a strong interest in teaching students entrepreneurship and how it intertwines with technologies such a web commerce site-based stores.

In my spare time I love to do photography and I play guitar in a weekend rock band! I have just got the supplies to build a film darkroom in my bathroom so I am excited about that!

Cheers,

Chad

229030_6138075527_4586_n

Standard