Activity

Once you’ve viewed the presentation, click on this link to access our Dropbox shared folder, which contains a document.  Read the shared document, then come back and give us your feedback!

23 comments on “Activity
  1. I have 77GB of cloud storage. You?

2. leemail says:

93GB not including Evernote. I really don’t use the 25 from Skydrive though.

3. jldr says:

I only really use Google Drive, so 15GB. I just opened Evernote and Dropbox accounts.

4. Adeel Farooq says:

I have 17GB of storage through Google Docs and Evernote, however I got a access to our schools servers that gives me 10+ terabytes, do I win? 🙂 I really liked this activity, I hadn’t really tracked how much space each app gave me.

• jldr says:

If this were a contest, and if we had a prize, you could be the winner…although it may be a little early to decide. 🙂

5. Diane says:

Now that you’ve had me open an evernote account, I am up to 88GB.
    Can’t see needing it all for a while though, but which time I will no doubt have even more cloud storage.

6. jetz66 says:

56 Google, 56 Dropbox, 50 Box.com, 25 Skydrive, 5 iCloud and with Evernote I am probably closing in on 200GB. I’ve been also tempted to buy a Chromebook recently, which also gives you 100GB Google storage for 2 years. So much cloud storage!

• John Lee says:

I received the extra 25 or so from Dropbox for buying an HTC phone, but have been very reluctant to use it, as it will expire in two years. It seems like a clever ploy to offer large amounts of free space for two years, only to charge for it after that.

So I keep plugging along with the Dropquests and referrals, hoping to build up my permanent Dropbox limit. How did you manage to get 56 of Google?

• Rocky Lam says:

That’s awesome – I agree with you that you should just think of that rented space as useless, cause before you know it you’ll forget about it.. I just realized that I have 30GBs of free space on Dropbox, I don’t really use any other cloud-based storage – except Apple iCloud – which is 5Gbs. I am a bit reserved using cloud storage as opposed to storing everything I need on email.

7. troymoore says:

42 GB, but like John I dont use skydrive (except when it first came out and I was ‘cool’ for having it)

8. Terri S says:

This was a fun activity. Looks like I have approximately 137 GB but don’t use much of it. – Terri

9. Sylvain Menard says:

50 Gigs of cloud space, and I only use a very small portion of it. As a visual art kind of guy, I also store images and videos on Flickr (1 terabyte of storage), Facebook (unlimited), and Youtube (unlimited).

10. davidp says:

Like everyone else I use my 2GB of free Dropbox, 15GB of Google Drive.

I also pay for $50GB of secure and highly featured storage on the Wuala Cloud Service in Switzerland to sync my three Macs at work and home. Wuala has a decent level of security and encryption that I pay for. My data is not stored in the US.

Best feature of the Wuala service for me is that it automatically syncs folders on the Macs that I specify, so all my files are accessible in the hierarchies I choose, even if they live in different locations on the various machines. So I have exact copies of all files on all machines and in the cloud at any time. I don’t carry them on my iPad or Nexus 7, but get them from the cloud with the Wuala app if I need them when I’m traveling light or on the road.

I’m a cloud believer.

11. jiorns says:

Sorry, I’m not storing in the cloud as yet. Probably am a slow starter because I’m mostly a PC user. I just keep saving to the hard drive!

12. aadair says:

I have been sending my documents to myself with my Yahoo account for years, and there is no limit to the storage space I can use in 25 MB increments or less. It’s like winning the million dollar lottery where they dole out 50 bucks a week for life. Dropbox is great for larger files, like videos I take with my smartphone.

I was curious about the cloud storage, so I looked it up and quickly found this HowStuffWorks article written with refreshingly proper English grammar. It answered my questions about the physicality of cloud storage, the dystopian controversy of data ownership, and some other useful information for entrepreneurs interested in the market.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/cloud-computing/cloud-storage.htm

• jiorns says:

I do that too – send docs to myself on Yahoo. Hadn’t thought of it as my cloud repository but now that you’ve mentioned it, of course it is!
      Hard to say how much storage I have consumed on Yahoo after 5 years, but it’s massive.
      And since I’ve opened a Dropbox account this week, Yahoo gives me the added option to save to the Dropbox cloud whenever I open an email attachment.

13. 47 Gigs for me. I can’t believe we ever lived without it!

14. I have 77… although that doesn’t include Adobe’s cloud storage. Not sure what amount I’m allotted there.

15. jasonharbor says:

65GB and I have recently started using my SkyDrive (since they came out with a desktop app)

I have completed some of the “tasks” to gain extra space on Dropbox but am not willing to pay yet… will have to wait until I run out of space on other platforms!

16. Alex Lemon says:

I am currently using the 2GB from dropbox and the 15GB from Drive. I am interesting in expanding my digital storage capacity. I wasn’t aware that educational affiliation could be used to get more storage. I am going to pursue this further!

17. momoe says:

40GB for me. But I hardly use Skydrive. Mostly Google Drive and Evernote. And it seems like it’s enough for me for the time being….

18. mdetharet says:

Google drive works best for me. I’ve never used Dropbox, but the applications look very similar to one another. Maybe I should use both to increase my storage, thanks for the info.

19. candelaria says:

I only use Skydrive and Google Drive so that comes up to 50, but I have only really used it as a MET student. I have always just saved on my hard drive in the past and completed regular backups to ensure that I don’t lose my materials. I have been reluctant to start using cloud services for the very reason of security and ownership. Furthermore, I also find it a little overwhelming that all the cloud services seem to be more connected to each other now. So that signing up for one gives them access to your profiles for another.