Greetings from the Prairies!

My name is Agnes, and I teach in Saskatchewan, Canada. One thing I am looking forward to most within ETEC 523, is the collaborative nature of our learning and knowledge processes. Over the last few days, I had the opportunity to e-meet many of my fellow classmates and I am looking forward to a great learning experience with one another. I have completed 6/10 courses total so far towards my MET degree.

I teach 8th grade and also work as the technology coach for my school. Today our students presented their innovations at the eHub launch in my community. Students had designed various apps and used coding and robotics to develop prototypes to create solutions to global or local problems. I love teaching middle years, and designing innovative, and engaging learning experiences for students. I am actively involved in leading extracurricular activities within my school through coaching, event planning, and with my community as a Youth Active Start and Fundamentals Special Olympics coach.

I am also going to try my best to try to access this course through my iPad or my iPhone. I typically always rely on my computer to complete course activities, and I look forward to diving deeper into mobile and open learning.

8 responses to “Greetings from the Prairies!”

1. zheng xiong

Hi Agnes, I guess we started the program around the same time, I’m also in my 5th & 6th course this summer. You bring enriched perspectives and great organizational skills to the group project we worked on ETEC 510. I still consider that as the best teamwork ever. Have a good summer!

1. Agnes

It is so great we are in another class together! Thank you for your kind words. We certainly worked really well together, and it was super fun to get to know you! Looking forward to learning with you again!

1. zheng xiong

Thank you Agnes, I hope your long weekend is going great.

2. sebastien renald

Hello Agnes, I wish you good presentations of your students’ projects! It must be super interesting to discover their solutions to global and local problems. I’m not familiar with robotics and coding, so I can’t wait to learn more from you.

1. Agnes

Thanks, Sebastien! Which program did you use to create your avatar? I viewed it earlier and am glad I get a chance to ask you because I would like to create a digital avatar of myself! My students did such an awesome job, and there have been some partnership opportunities that have stemmed from our participation. Looking forward to working with you!

3. elizabeth

Good luck in using your mobile devices. You must have a great many excited students with the technology hub. Do the students complete in the Robot Rumble at Saskatchewan Polytechnic?

1. Agnes

Our students have never competed before since I teach grade 8 and I was under the impression that their competition is for high school students. Thank you for asking though, because you encouraged me to email them and ask if grade 8 students are eligible. Certainly something I will consider in the future if it opens to grade 8 level students.

1. elizabeth

You are right; eligibility starts with Grade 9.