About Me

Hello and thanks for visting my e-folio!

I live in Okotoks, AB which is located in the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot Confederacy) and the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Pikani, the Kainai, The Tsuut’ina and the Stoney Nakoda. Also included in the region is the Metis Nation of Alberta, Region 3. Okotoks is approximately 15 minutes south of Mohkinstsis (city of Calgary).

I have been an educator my entire professional career. My working context has included working with youth and adults as they progress through their math and science learning careers, spanning grades 8 through 12 curriculum. I have worked as a classroom teacher in both the public and private settings, I have delivered programming in alternative format (summer school, HUB school, online learning), and I have supported my colleagues in administrative roles (department head, vice-principal, and lead instructor). It has been my desire for continual challenge and growth that has brought me to complete the Masters of Educational Technology program a full 36 years after completing my Bachelor of Education!

On a personal note, I’m a self-proclaimed homebody and enjoy spending time doing ‘things and stuff’ my beagle, children (adults), and the local outdoor attractions – this picture (along with the header) was taken at Waterton National Park which is a couple hours south of Okotoks.

Brenda