Linking Assignment Site 1

Linking to my classmate Jacey’s post: Task 1 – What’s in my bag.

Photo Credit: Image taken from Jacey’s blog post.

I found the items in Jacey’s bag to be very similar to my bag. For one we carry many toiletries with me including Advil, chapstick, hair ties and clips, as well as masks. We both used the UBC WordPress site to display our tasks for this course. I really appreciate how Jacey went into specific detail of each of the items she carries in her bag and why she carries them. Items such as Science lab supplies and Naloxone kit are not are commonly found when comparing to our other classmates’ bags, but they play an important role in Jacey’s everyday life.

Based on our experiences, what differs between Jacey and I is where we grew up and the type of individuals we interact with. For Jacey, she grew up in Saskatchewan and carries a tick-removing tool with her as her geographical area is more prone to ticks compared to where I live. Here in Vancouver, B.C. I am much more likely to carry and use an umbrella rather than a tick-removing kit. Second, Jacey works with an older age group and carries a special kind of First Aid kit (Naloxone kit) which is specific for students who uses substances. This demonstrates that even though we are both educators we work in a very different sub-field as the students I work with are generally younger and are not involved with substances (at least not to an extreme level).