Linking Assignment Site 3

Linking to my classmate Jade’s post: Task 7 – Mode-bending.

What's in My Bag?
Photo Credit: Image taken from Jade’s blog post.

Jade’s take on the Mode-bending task was super intuitive for me as I really appreciate her re-design of Task 1. While many of our classmates took on a podcast type of route for this assignment, she created a digital book. The content of the book consists of the items she carries in her bag along with the purpose of why she brings those specific items. Further her book was very interactive as it also included many multimedia features for users to explore with (from a small activity to a video).

Jade used Book Creator to create her assignment while I used Powtoon to create mine. What differs from my assignment is the type of literacies we chose to represent in our re-designed assignment. Jade’s digital book presents reading and writing literacies as it requires her audience to read the content in the book and be able to understand it in order to complete the activity. My video contains media literacy as it presents itself as an “advertisement” and requires my audience to understand the message I attempt to convey. Another tool that I appreciate Jade including in her digital book is the interactive activity which is a great way to facilitate learning. Thinking back to a time during COVID-19 where all learning and teaching was conducted online, many books were unattainable if they were not available online. This digital book is a great alternative for educators who are still working online or within a hybrid environment. It adds a third dimension to books (from text to audio to video) which gives creators endless ideas depending on what Educational field they are surrounded in.