Linking Assignment Site 6

Linking to my classmate’s Marie’s post: Task 12 – Speculative Futures.

Image Credit: Screenshot taken from Marie’s post.

For our final task Marie has chosen to create a game to present her task. I love that her take on this task focuses more on the user than the author. In other posts we see our classmates share their ideas on what a utopian and dystopian educational society would look like in 30 years. In Marie’s game, she provides a question with 3 choices to answer from. Depending which question we decide to answer the game will tell us if we chose a utopian or dystopian society. The game allows users to pick the answer they think is the most correct and makes the most sense and the answer will tell us which society we chose (similar to a personality test).

Sharing my experience with the game, after a few questions I started to notice a pattern in which answer would signify a utopian and dystopian society. I found that answers related to technology surrounded a utopian society. Marie’s thoughts to what she portrays a utopian and dystopian society is very similar to how I perceived it. We all know that a utopian society involves a perfect, happy, and problem-less society. In the game, a utopian society would include the most advanced technological device, everyone is happy, and not a single problem would exist.

Our posts differ where my task is embedded into my final project while Marie’s post is on its own. I decided to go in depth of what the educational system would look like 30 years from now in a dystopian and utopian perspective through my final project. I have also explored the task in a first person point of view, reflecting on my ideas and opinions. This is also another aspect where Marie and my post differs, as her site has a privilege that involves user interaction which is her game. What I love about having mini games embedded in websites is that it encourages engagement and motivation for the user.