Link #7: Speculative Futures

Link #7: Speculative Futures w/ Norah Smith

I absolutely loved Norah’s task 12! I thought both of her narratives allowed me to experience and get excited about the possibilities of the future and what that could hold for us. I thought her “Get Chipped” narrative was very clever, and something probably many people have already played around with. Her audio clip was challenging to understand at the beginning until I got used to the accent, but the accent and the third person narrative quickly brought me into this new world as if I had experienced it personally. Moving forward in education it is essential to continue engaging students in new ways. Again I got giddy and excited when I listened to Norah’s RBG narrative. If this is a possibility – this would be awesome! I think it is an interesting approach to how future learners will continue to be active participants in the learning process.

Norah’s UBC blog is a well organized and thorough manifestation of the ETEC 540 course. Her home page demonstrates the quality of work she has completed throughout the course and privileges the viewer into a small taste of what each blog post holds. Her posts are creative and eye-catching with multi-media components. It has been a pleasure to follow along with Norah’s blog throughout this course.