Link 6

Click on the image

I thought that Manize adapted her task #1 in a very interesting and unique way. Her conversion to poetry makes this task more accessible to people with attention issues. I think that her new form also evokes emotion and wonder in the reader. When Manize converts her poem further, into an aural mode, it becomes even more accessible. Her addition of music brings in another layer of interpretation to her original task. I am impressed! 

For my task #1 makeover, I also used an audio mode for accessibility. Where Manize used audio to depict a student project that combines voice, text and music, I used the audio to record instructions for a modified task #1 for people who are blind or low-vision. This showed me that both of us interpreted the instructions for the task in a different way. Manize interpreted it as recreating the task to produce a project that is structurally different, multimodal and personal. Her interpretation gives the student the choice to choose their modality for expression. In contrast, I chose to recreate the same task, for someone with vision needs. I think that both of our activities, if combined, would be great. To have multi-modes of engagement, expression and representation together in an assignment is truly multi-modal and also aligns with universal design principles.

I really like how Manize has the original image for task #1 on her newer adaptation of the task. It really helps the reader to nest her new form within the old one. I didn’t use any images on my new task, but it’s something i’d like like to incorporate more in the future.