Task 12 – Speculative Futures

Simple Food Movement

– a speculative fiction about food processes of the future –

Please click the full screen icon in the lower right to play the game in full screen.

____________________________________________________________

This task was another attempt in the Twine rabbit hole. I have learned a lot since my last attempt – I am able to include name personalization, speech and additional photos. I also finally figured out how to embed the game in my blog, instead of just a link to the file.

I struggled with the story-telling aspect of this task, but I feel as though I’ve captured a possible future with a mandated meal program to combat food security.

4 Replies to “Task 12 – Speculative Futures”

1. Thanks Emily!

As a Foods teacher I’m trying my best to link everything to what I teach! I have always wondered about these meal boxes (like the Good Food Box) and wonder how long it will last. I’ve never tried one – have you?? I just see so much packaging and not a lot of room for creativity! That said I really only use recipes as a guide.

I will make sure to have a look at you linking assignment!

1. Hey Margaret,
        I have only tried Good Food once in the past and cancelled it after my order. You hit the nail on the head with your game!

1. Hi Margaret. What an interesting approach! Your virtual assistant gave a fascinating tour. How interesting that we had a similar concept for this task. I spend quite a bit of time thinking about the food I eat and where it comes from, so there are many things about your speculative design I would appreciate. But of course the restrictions in both of our designs bring up the age old question of does the ends justify the means???? Great job on this task!