ETEC 540_ TWINE TASK.html

For my twine game i tried to put a humorous twist onto something i’m fully immersed in right now (amongst working in a pandemic in health care and pursing a masters degree)  – Wedding planning…

This week’s task was both really fun and difficult all at once. I feel using a Twine activity really demonstrates the use of hypertext in hands on activity and is such a suitable visual representation of linking information to other links. It was fun to be creative – but difficult to try and get Twine to do the things I wanted to do, and in the end turned out to be the most basic form, because I couldn’t figure out how to add all the bells and whistles I initially planned for. However, through practice and some more time I think I’d be able to one day create a more sophisticated version of what I created for this task.

When I started this task, I mapped it out first on paper writing out all the interconnected webs and questions I would be asking with appropriate responses to each. Creating a hand written “map” before beginning to transcribe that into Twine made it much easier to create the twine links between the text. Having to think about it as I go I think would have been much more difficult because I had all the links already pre planned and written out which made it way more efficient. Through the use of Twine I was able to structure basically two different stories – based on the way questions were answered. Initially, I was hoping there would be a way to code each answer with some sort of scoring system so that depending on how many “bridezilla” questions you answered, at the end it would rank you as a “bridezilla” or a calm bride. I feel as if the use of Twine has brought the webbed hand written story I wrote to life onto the computer screen that you can change as you move through each question and chose a different response. Essentially, this process through the use of Twine has created a once hand written story on paper – into an interactive enhanced version of itself, demonstrating the power word processors can have on story telling and the art of writing.