The tracks I have chosen off the “Golden Record” are as follows:
  1. Bach – WTK 2, no 1, Glenn Gould
  2. Mozart – Queen of the night- Eda Moser
  3. Sacrificial dance-comp&cond Stravinsky
  4. Bach – Gavotte en Rondo – A Grumiaux
  5. Bach, Brandenburg no 2, part 1
  6. Beethoven 5th, part 1, Otto Klemperer
 7. Fairie Round – cond David Munroe
8. Melancholy Blues-L Armstrong&HisHotSeven
 9. El Cascabel-Lorenzo Barcelata&the Mari
10. Johnny B Goode – Chuck Berry

I chose these songs from the “Golden Record” based on a criteria of music that elicited feelings of nostalgic memories. The first seven songs I chose because they brought back fond memories of my past as a ballet dancer. Immediately when I heard some of these classical tunes I was brought back to my dance days, remembering the countless hours of warm ups, training and rehearsals. As some of the songs played while sitting at my desk I honestly felt my body go rigid and moved my feet under the desk, just from pure muscle memory of the countless hours in the studio – the classical music really brought me back. Moving through my list of songs, Melancholy Blues-L Armstrong& His Hot Seven as well as El Cascabel-Lorenzo Barcelata & the Mari, again brought back dancer memories for me just a different style. In high school I studied dance, so these songs in particular reminded me of the modules where we learned different styles of dance from different eras and cultures. Lastly, Johnny B Goode – Chuck Berry is on my list because it reminds me of the film Back to the Future, which is obviously a quintessential movie of the 1980’s which I have fond memories in enjoying that indisputable classic.