Nataliia Kudryk's ePortfolio | UBC MET program

Task 5: Twine Story

Nataliia’s Story (3).html

Reflection

This was my first time using Twine and I was excited to give it a try.

First of all, I could not open a downloaded Twine file on my Apple Macbook. Although I tried troubleshooting, it still did not work after 30 minutes of trying. I ended up using it online in my Browser and remembered to archive it.  Second of all, I am not sure if I have uploaded it properly to this website as that has been a challenge too. If you cannot open it, please let me know.

Currently, my grade 1/2/3 students are all about story-writing and I have thought of writing a story that is similar to the one they already know to show it to them on Tuesday. I thought it would be interesting for them to learn how Twine works in a simple uncomplicated way. For the purposes of this assignment, I have chosen a story called  “I know an old lady who swallowed a fly” as a source of inspiration. I thought this story would be perfect for this assignment as it has many options to choose from and therefore, the story itself would be easy to design in Twine. Besides, it is always great for the students to make connections to what they already know and build on their background knowledge. I challenged myself to look up some rhymes for the words I was choosing as well as food puns. You may notice, that my Twine story, although inspired by a world-famous book, is quite different but still funny and humorous in its origin.  I kept it uncomplicated as it is intended for a young audience.

At first, I had an idea to write a script in a Word Document, but then I realized that it is easier to actually do it in Twine as it is quite simple to navigate and play around with. Considering it had been my first time doing it, I wanted to be successful at my attempt and come up with a finished product by the end of the day. The goal has been to create a close-ended Twine story to show to my students and I think I managed to reach my goal.  It was a fun and exciting project to work on.

« »