Task 5

The zip file to my hypertext game/story is below.

A Typical Conversation with BC’s Teacher Qualification Service

Once I decided to do a hypertext game on the topic of Teacher Qualification Service, the content came to me naturally. So, I can say the strategy for creating the content was “following your heart.” This is how I feel about them.

The creation process was relatively simple. It is amazing that you can fill in a couple boxes and have a beautiful hypertext game/story with color and music. However, I personally did not find satisfaction with the end result. I literally just filled in boxes and the program did the rest. If my story was to capture someone’s attention, is it because of my words or how it is presented? Would my story/game be just as captivating if I wrote it on a piece of paper and people read it? I don’t think it would be. I think the presentation is what “hooks” people (if they even get hooked from the story/game) and I don’t feel as if that came from any of my personal skills. However, it is interesting to note that Bolter (2001) described hypertext enthusiasts as visual artists as they are able to incorporate the medium in their work as planned. With this in mind, perhaps I should be focusing on implementing hypertexts to achieve my final product, instead of feeling like it is taking my work in a direction without me.

Bolter, Jay David. (2001). Writing space: computers, hypertext, and the remediation of print. New York, NY: Routledge.