Linking Assignment #4

Standard

Ping’s Mode-bending

Ping’s inclusion of both visual and audio to the task is amazing! If I did not watch Ping’s video, I would not have imagined the possibility of taking mode-bending further than just changing one of the presentation methods.

Listening to Ping narrating provides some sense of connection to Ping’s personality. In an asynchronous lesson setting such as in this MET program, we often stay connected with our colleagues through writing. Being able to hear Ping’s voice offers a fresh way of communication. I also appreciate the visuals included- they give a clear picture of what each item looks like. The picture, as the saying goes, is worth a thousand words. Similarly, different types of modalities appeal to students with different learning styles in the classroom. I must say that I am also really impressed by Ping’s creativity in creating a Thinglink presentation and recording it in order to have both English and Simplified Chinese words in the picture of the items in her bag. Also, as Ping mentioned in her blog, the background music she has chosen suggests how much she enjoys her work, even if it means working on a Friday night. I completely agree! For me, the music that I listen to evokes emotional responses. I really appreciated how thoughtful Ping’s video was!