Linking Assignment #4

I decided to explore Delian’s Task 7 on Mode Bending.

With both of our tasks, I feel like we both had an enjoyable time creating the content!

Delian’s approach was done in a way where she was pretending to be her little red bag. This was such a creative way to portray the content of her bag, the bags feelings, and the bag’s view of the contents that are placed inside this bag. I enjoyed this audio so much as I would not have thought of doing this task in this way. I have never thought about how my bag would feel or what they would say if they had a voice. If I had the time, I would have love to tried this with my bag or any item that I use on the regular. Delian’s mode was done in an audio linguistic way with a narrative, but there were also sound effects at the beginning and the end of the bag unzipping and then zipping up. This allowed me to feel as if the bag was right in front of me. I did like having the picture of the contents of the bag up on the screen so that I was able to visually imagine the what the bag looked like. With mine, I sang a song plus provided the visual. I wonder if I were to background sound effects, would that make my audio linguistic mode more elevated or would it be distracting?

I like how Delian used SoundCloud to record the audio for this task. This is a tool that I have not personally used but would like to use it in the future.  When I did this task, I used an app called Voice Memos for recording my content, which was put into a song about the contents in my bag mixed with a typical day.

It was also neat to see how different two people are. Delian clearly loves to do trail running in Hong Kong and the contents in her bag definitely reflect that. Even though I do not know Delian, I feel like with this mode of display, I was able to learn about her through the voice of her red little bag, which is someone who knows her really well.  I, on the other hand, am not a trail runner. I may like a hike here and there but you would not guess that from the contents in my bad. I seem studious and focused on my school work and have items that are needed to keep me going.