The Changing Spaces of Reading and Writing

Technology: Making Lives Better.

2209205063_1af3fa76cf_b

I believe that technology is a process that is ongoing and is hard to define. After all, we consider items like Blackberries and Computers technology, but technology is really everywhere as represented by this article, http://www.cbc.ca/sports/amateur/story/2009/03/14/fina-swimsuits-ruling.html.  I love this story because it caused an uproar and made for great talk show fodder. Most people were being overly critical about merging technology with sports, as if this has never happened before.

Technology seems to be constant changing and supposedly attempting to make our lives easier and better. In education this is a double edged sword, which is why I choose this picture. Another reason I chose this picture is because it merges technology and teaching together. Although technology does improve our lives it can also take away. I like this picture because it makes me wonder where we are heading as educators. Are we eventually going to give students a topic, have them Google it and present it as fact? Or is that already what is happening?

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.