Text – Juliana’s view

Figure 1 - Definition of text from Wikipedia (Wikipedia, 2011).

I am putting an excerpt of the definition for text from Wikipedia (Figure 1).  The reason why I have posted this is because it is referring to all the different definitions of text.  The definitions also resonated with me as most of the items listed are what first popped into my head when I thought about “text”.

I think this excerpt also plays into the term “technology” as I retrieved it by typing “text” into Google.  Funnily enough, the Wikipedia definition for “text” was the first thing that popped up in the search results.  The same thing happened when I entered the term “technology” into Google. 

However, to prevent from repeating myself, I decided to create an image using ClipArt.  Please check out my entry for “technology” here

Wikipedia (2011). Text. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text.

This entry was posted in Text and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Text – Juliana’s view

1. Angela Novoa says:

Hi Juliana,
    Roland Barthes sustains that text is plural (Barthes, 1989), in the sense that it achieves plurality of meanings. For me, one of the most difficult things of this activity was thinking only on one definition of these two terms, after searching and finding lots of meanings for them.

Cheers,

Angela.

Barthes, Roland (1989). From Work to Text. Rice & Waugh (eds) Modern Literary Theory: a Reader. London: Edward Arnold, 1989. pp. 166-171.