Rip. Mix. Feed.

For this week’s post I uploaded a word document and a prezi describing common Web 2.0 tools I’ve used in the past year. I learned about most of these tools from MET courses and fellow METers. It took less time for me to write the document than do the prezi because I never used prezi before. I found I kept having to simplify the prezi over and over so it would be concise and easy to follow. I’d like to know if you think the document and the prezi provide the same information.

This entry was posted in Rip.Mix.Feed. and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Rip. Mix. Feed.

1. Garth says:

Hi Steph,

Great Prezi, especially considering it was your first one! For me, the information was easier to comprehend on your Word document simply because of the linear nature of a presentation. It was much easier to compare one section of the Word document to the next because they were all on the screen at once. However, when I changed your Prezi to full screen view and zoomed out a little bit, Prezi gained the same advantage of being able to present all the information at once with the bonus of video and images.

I loved the embedded iMovie and appreciated having the multiliteracies available.

2. Steph says:

Thanks Garth for taking the time to go through it all. I think the prezi would be superior to the word document if I was to present it and verbally explain the detail I had to leave out from doc.

3. Gordana Jugo says:

Hi Steph, thanks for sharing your experiences! I like the Prezi more because it is more focused and includes multimedia. On the other hand, I’m not sure if I would be able to understand it proprerly without reading the Word document before.