Lino

As I had posted on the course site a few days ago that I was going to try using a bulletinboard web 2.0 tool. I opted for Lino. Here is mine of my boy Shylock. It was really fun. I can see using it for all kinds of things in classes.  It would be a great tool for  an introductory activity to help build a sense of community in an online course. You could also have students use it as a way to introduce a historical figure. Just as I created a board for   my dog Shylock it would be fun for students to research a historical figure and then create a bulletinboard for that person’s room.
It would also be a useful tool for students who are working together on a project to post links to websites, books, articles, notes, videos, etc. It is possible for others to add to a bulletinboard as long as they are members. 

Also a great place for students to organize an online agenda.  They could personalize it with their own images or favourite things but also organize upcoming assignments, exams, etc. There is something satisfying about being able to peel the stickies away once they are no longer needed.

Overall it was really easy to use and I was able to add: sticky notes, reminders linked to the built in calendar, images, video (it must be uploaded to youtube or another host to do so). You can link to it, embed, open it to public or keep it private. You can also use it with smartphones which is great.

Here is a link if you want to know more about it.

About smyers

Hi Everyone, I am a high school alternate school teacher living in Vancouver, BC. I have been teaching for 15 years, though I am not sure where all that time has gone. I love working with teenagers, and am grateful that I have the opportunity to share my love of learning with young people every day. It's a pretty sweet gig!
This entry was posted in Rip.Mix.Feed.. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Lino