About

Hello World!

My name is Sophy (she/they), and I grew up transiently between Taipei and so called “Vancouver”. In my free time, I enjoy reading and creating zines, cruising around on my skateboard,  and sitting at the park with friends on a sunny day!

I finished my undergraduate degree at UBC in Cognitive Systems in the Linguistics stream, with a double major in German. I am fascinated by the intersections and connections between language, philosophy, psychology and technology, so I am already really excited by the interdisciplinary nature and multimedia approach to this program!

Previously, I worked in the Modern Languages Department in post-secondary education, which has been challenging during the transition to online teaching and learning. This illuminated the importance and the potential for technology to facilitate and assist with education, which was what motivated me to pursue the MET program at UBC.

Currently, I am working in the EdTech Department supporting instructors with the ePortfolio platform PebblePad.

I am feeling !!!?!!! to be back in school again, and I look forward to learning with everyone this semester!