Task #7 My Backpack: Part 2

Hi everyone, for this weeks task I found it very challenging. I am not great at making videos especially audio ones because I do not like the way I sound.  To mode-bend my first project which was my backpack, I used imovie just because I used it in the classroom and was familiar with how it works. When I uploaded it I wasn’t sure how this was going to turn out. One thing I didn’t like is the pictures went to fast and I had to limit what I said in order to keep up with the photos, I didn’t have a script which is usually dangerous for me as I will go off topic and end up on a rant. I ended up with a short video but that is okay. If aliens found it years from now they will be able to know who I was from my things in there.  When I was doing the reading, “multiliteracies” came up and for me that meant that there are many different ways to present “literacy.”  Pictures, movies, audi clips, written texts, you name it they all shape literacy.  We have to make sure everyones voices can be heard when teaching. We show our students many forms of text.  With technology this is getting easier to do.  We can load up clips and share with students videos, pictures, sounds like we couldn’t in the past.

As you watch you can see I love curling. My favourite curling team is Team Jacobs from Northern Ontario. I got to meet them last November. They are world class curlers and have won gold in the Winter Olympics. I love curling because its a great workout, and a good challenge. (its not easy).  I shared a little video in my video explaining curling. I will include it here in case you want to watch the entire thing.

To check out my video take a look here: My Backpack: Mode Bending.  Enjoy!

2 Thoughts.

1. Hi Tyler!
    I really appreciate being able to hear your voice after primarily reading text. It makes you seem more “real”and “alive” to me. Your calm, gentle voice would be so soothing to a grade 1/2 student. Wow! The colours of those sharpies are impressive. I also connected to your reference to Mr. Dressup. It had me thinking is this a cultural concept that only those of Mr. Dressup era could understand? Good thing he can be google. I also used iMovie because I have used it in a limited way but am wanting to build up my skill set with it. Did you try stretching your photos to give more time to speak? I found something I had to do that also (new learning) and also that I could layer sound (quite by accident).
    Thanks for sharing your video!

• Hi Rebecca, thanks for checking it out. I never realized I could make the pictures longer. That is my duh! moment! Mr. Dressup was amazing. Im glad there is others out there that loved when he picked up the felts. There’s lots of his shows on Youtube! Thanks for the kind comments about my voice lol, I do not like it on video or listening to myself. Take care,
      Tyler