Final Assignment

Greetings everyone, I hope you have a chance to take a look at my final assignment for 540. I decided to take a look at the history of acronyms and how they have influenced text language.  I also wanted to look at the future outlook of how acronyms and text language could be changing our spoken and written language.

I created my project using Microsoft Sway.  Sway is a new platform for presentations.  I have included videos and posters to the sway.  I think the best way to view a sway is on your mobile device. (It looks pretty on the mobile devices).  When you click on “Go To This Sway” Hit the PLAY button at the top of the screen.  If you use your mobile device you shouldn’t have to hit play. This is my second attempt at using sway and I think I will be using it to create my monthly newsletters to parents this upcoming school year.  Anyway take a look and let me know what you thought,

Thanks,
Tyler

Go to this Sway

3 Thoughts.

1. Hi Tyler!

I’m super interested to view your sway but for some reason it’s not letting me. I have to sign in with a microsoft account in order to view it. I tried to google how to view your sway – and checked on the sway community forum and I think you might need to change permissions to “anyone with the link” can view. Or, it just might be me and I can’t figure it out. 🙁 Anyways – it sounds like an awesome final project!

• Amazing thanks Tyler!! I just viewed your Sway and although I subconsciously knew that there were different types of acronyms, I didn’t know there was a name for each! It’s interesting to think that there could be a danger to losing our language, especially for our younger kids. I would remember seeing some of my students writing “slang” words for true English words such as, “wat,” or “gotta.” Maybe acronyms are to blame? Anyways, great presentation!