Greetings!

Greetings everyone.  My name is Tyler and I teach grade 1/2 in Surrey.  This is my last class in the MET program and I am very excited to continue my journey with this class.  I recognize a few names and am excited to meet and work with everyone.

I was born and raised in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. After completing my BA in History and my BA in Education, I moved to Surrey to start teaching. I love to spend time with my three nieces and 1 nephew back on the island whenever I can get back there.  When I am not visiting the island or teaching I enjoy curling.  Watching, playing and teaching curling.  I also love dogs, (Oliver and Lucy in picture below) anything to do with outer space, and travelling.

Throughout my journey in this program I have found myself the solo primary teacher in many classes. When I first started I thought this was going to be very difficult but along the way I have learned so much great information and tools to use in my practice.

5 Thoughts.

1. Hey Tyler,
    This is also my last semester and looking forward to hearing from you in this final class. I appreciate the perspective you bring to discussion and tailored to your young students. To me, it combines a back-to-the-basics approach and forward thinking at the same time and very relatable.
    Emily

2. Hi Tyler,
    Congratulations on your MET journey thus far!

I can’t believe it’s been a year since I’ve seen you in courses and all of a sudden you’re at course 10!

Looking forward to learning more with you.