Moodle Proposal

One stop during my weekend fieldtrip ~ Soda Creek, BC

Hello Everyone,

If any of you have a chance to check out my Moodle proposal, I would appreciate it.  I guess I better be willing to return the favour ehh?  My proposal is hypothetical, but is based on a real learning context in the Quesnel School District (#28).  I actually had a conversation with teachers from the rural elementary schools identified about such a learning platform to instruct mathematics, and they are pretty keen on the idea.  The big kicker is time, and who is willing to put the intiative out there and get the ball rolling.  I think these teachers see the value of sharing their instruction amongst each other so their students get valuable, and focussed dialogue. I love a multi-age classroom, but when you have a breadth of K-7, it is difficult to offer kids rich guided practice in mathematics.  Of course there are many learning benefits to a multi-age learning environment, and at the end of the day, a classroom should be differentiated regardless of the grade split.

Do I have your interest tweaked?  Give my proposal a read, and you might get a clearer picture of what I mean.  I hope you all had a nice weekend and took time to enjoy some of your favourite things.  Despite having to write report cards, plan for instruction, and complete this assignment, I managed to get in the garden, have a quick dip in to the lake, run with the dogs, and go on a cool field trip to Soda Creek with my husband.

Cheers,

Stephen