Emails and Response for Team Formation

Offer Mail 1

Dear Dale,

I am writing this mail to invite you to my writing team for ENGL 301 course. I was impressed by your biography and application letter, especially how you combine technology and your communication skills to create new values. Your in-depth and long experience in writing will be also very beneficial for our team in doing big a writing project in this course.

I am also a BCS student with a previous degree in Mechanical Engineering. I had worked as a professional mechanical design engineer for 1.5 years before joining UBC, so we have a similarity in our interests and different backgrounds. For more information about me, please refer to the attached application letter. I think the similarity would help us understand each other better and the difference will add more diversity to our team.

For this reason, I think we can be great teammates in this course. If you are interested in forming a team with me, please reply to this mail. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Chris Jung

eunhocj@student.ubc.ca

Enclosure: 301 Chris Jung Application Letter

Offer Mail 2

Dear Piper,

I am writing this mail to invite you to my writing team for ENGL 301 course. I was impressed by your biography and application letter, especially by your various writing experiences with people and your diligence in work. Your academic experience in writing will be also very beneficial for our team in doing a writing project in this course.

I am a part of Bachelor of Computer Science degree with a previous degree in Mechanical Engineering. I had worked as a professional mechanical design engineer for 1.5 years before joining UBC, so we have quite different backgrounds. For more information about me, please refer to the attached application letter. I think the difference in our experiences will add more diversity and creativity to our team.

Best Regards,

Chris Jung

eunhocj@student.ubc.ca

Response Mail

Dear Benson,

Thank you for your email and I am pleased to read your bio and application letter.

I would like to form a team with you as well. Since we are both in the BCS program, I think we share our interests and goals to a certain degree. This will help us understand each other and communicate better in team activities. I also value that you have several experiences in different organizations such as CPSC 210 TA and Co-op. I know how the TAs work and saw how many deadlines are strictly met every week. Plus, your enthusiasm for improving English writing will also be good motivation for the writing project.

Overall, I think we have similarities in our experiences in organizations and both have goals to improve our writing skills. These will be great assets in team activities in the future. Please let me know your team status now. If you have any other team members, I can join the team. If you have any further questions feel free to ask me.

Sincerely,

Chris Jung

eunhocj@student.ubc.ca