Monthly Archives: February 2012

State Of My Life: Reading Week

Reading Week, a title suggesting monocle-clad scholars in the comfort of their dens, analyzing Voltaire and Descartes, occasionally grumbling a

“mmmmmm, yes”

As they nod their heads ever so gently.

Well, I beg to differ. How have I spent the Sunday before Reading Week? Firstly, in pajamas. Secondly…there is no secondly. My whole day has consisted of resisting the urge to dress like a productive member of society. But let me tell you, it was awesome. When you don’t have a Philosophy paper down your neck or a History reading to catch up on, lounging becomes a lot better. But you know, this free time feels weird. I’m constantly thinking,

“I’m relaxing…for no reason whatsoever. Wait, no pressure? No midterm? No paper? What is this sorcery?”

Continue reading

Sasquatch! Music Festival

Last Thursday was the big reveal for this year’s Sasquatch! Music Festival lineup. I went to Sasquatch last year and had the time of my life. Aside from the most gorgeous venue, The Gorge Amphitheatre, the quality of music and vibe of the weekend are the huge draws to attend. It’s the one monumental rhythmic experience a music lover from Vancouver can enjoy, without making the trip to California (i.e. Coachella).

So how was last year? Last year was supercalifrawesome. Headliners were Foo Fighters, Death Cab For Cutie, Modest Mouse, and Wilco. Imagine the festival was a big foo. And right on the first day, the Foo Fighters come in and fight that foo. And they not only fight the foo, they demolish the foo. I mean, I didn’t hear the Foo Fighters, I heard the Foo Destroyers, the Foo Dominators. To summarize, they rocked. Opening Sasquatch with one of the best rock bands around was a great idea. Whoever suggested that should get a mecha-raise.

Continue reading