Best Works

Assignment 1.3 – Writing Three Definitions

Assignment 1.3 offered an opportunity for students to take a complex term and examine it through the lens of three definitions: parenthetical, sentence, and expanded. The goal was to thoroughly explain a definition to an audience who may not have had any prior experience with or knowledge of the term.

Peer Review of the Definition Assignment

In this assignment, students had the opportunity to examine and improve the work of their peers. Through this review process, I had the opportunity to reflect back on how I might have restructured, or even improved, my own work.

Formal Report Proposal

The goal of this assignment was to propose a research idea that could improve the functionality of an organization. As this was a “proposal” it was paramount that students created a thorough outline of their research. I did this by breaking it down by problem, scope, methods, and proposed solution.

Progress Report / Survey Questions

The progress report prompted students to recap a detailed account of the work they’ve done “exploring” their proposal. Who was the intended audience? What was the significance of the research? What was the purpose of the research?

Complaint letter and Response letter

This assignment offered a “real- life” example of two situations your might encounter. In the first scenerio, you are a customer who was given a faulty product. The goal of your letter is to clearly describe the issue and state your request to the store owner, manager, etc. On the other hand, you had the play the role of the manager/ store owner. The goal of this letter is draft an appropriate response to the “disgruntled” customer.

Peer Review of Application Package

In this assignment, students had the opportunity to examine and improve the work of their peers. Through this review process, I had the opportunity to examine a teammates Application Package, make suggests, and help improve their work. Ultimately, this process allowed me to think more creatively about how I could restructure and or redesign my Application Package

Application Package

The Application package offered an opportunity to “emphasize” and focus on one particular job posting. For this job posting, the students worked to create an application package or portfolio that included an original job listing, cover letter, resume, and three reference letter examples. This assignment offered a formalized example of how one can and should organize themselves when applying for a job. Maintaining a portfolio such as this offers greater insight, not only to the interviewer, but also to the interviewee

Peer Review of Formal Report

This assignment focused on reviewing the Formal Report of a peer. Much like the Application Package, I worked to provide high level feedback that referenced organization, structure, and layout.

Final Formal Report 

This assignment was the Final Draft of my research proposal. By following up on the work of my research proposal/ outline I was able to complete the Final Report Proposal in a, relatively, seamless manner. In emphasized a three-pronged proposed to solution to help the members (students) of the Kappa Sigma fraternity maintain overall wellbeing in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic.